About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Monday 15 May 2017

My First Aquathlon - 7th May 2017



 Today I took part in my first Aquathlon.




Registering and receiving my number, and Decathlon sponsored bag.


My number had to be written on my arm.


Here's the track.


I have set my kit up in the transition area, you can see the pool through the doors.


Ready for the safety briefing.


Feeling a little bit nervous now.


The event started at 10:00 with each swimmer going at 30 second intervals.


It's nearly my time to start.


My age category has to swim 100 metres. 


Just about to enter the water.


At 10:34 I started my swim.


As we finished our swim we had to shout our name and number and run out the back doors to the transition area.


Swim finished, time to get my shirt and trainers on.


Where's my space?


This is the fastest I have ever dressed before with the clock still ticking.


Shirt on shoes on.  This is the first time I have ever run without socks on!


The man is announcing my name as I run out the transition area.


800 metres to run now, two laps of the track.


First one nearly completed.


I can see the finish line.




Hooray, I've finished.

With a  combined time of 7 mins 43 seconds.  I came 11th in the 9-10 age category.  Good  for my first ever event.



Here's my medal.


All dry and warm!

A great day.

I love my medal.

Orienteering.


I have also been taking part in some orienteering events.




Running through Hartshill Hayes.






Swiping a control and checking my map for the next one.





A great evening for running through the beautiful blue bell filled woodlands.




The results.  First place :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment