About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Tuesday 28 February 2017

A Day Trip To Cardiff And The Principality Stadium Tour - 24th February 2017

Today I went to Cardiff, Wales.

I got to tour The Principality Stadium, Home of the Welsh Rugby Union National Team!



Here's the stadium., which has also staged games of the Wales National football team. Initially built to host the 1999 Rugby World cup, it has gone on to host many other large-scale events, such as the Tsunami Relief Concert, Rally cars, the British Speedway Grand Prix and various music concerts. It also hosted six FA cup finals and several other high-profile football fixtures while Wembley Stadium was being redeveloped.



On the 1st June 2017 the final of the Women's Champion League football is being held at the Cardiff City stadium.


Starting the tour, this is where the players arrive and walk down.


Lots of historical shirts to look at.


England!


Next it's time for some questions at my press conference in the media centre.


Wow! The Welsh have won quite a few times.


This is the home dressing room.


Every area has it's own USB charging point.  It doesn't smell too bad either!


Down the tunnel and out on to the pitch.


The all seater stadium has the capacity for 74,500 supporters and features a retractable roof, seen here.  It costs approximately £3.50 and takes about 20 minutes to close the roof.


Can you see the heat lamps on the grass repairing it.


The view looking the other way.


Olympic 2012 football matches were also played here.


The Away team dressing rooms.  I think most football fans will recognise this surname!

Sam Ricketts past captain at Coventry City and now gaining his coaching qualifications.



I love this board of facts and statistics.


I have climbed all the way to the top of the Stadium.  The stands are very steep, built at the maximum legally allowed angle of 34 degrees. 


What a great view.





Now I am sat in the VIP area.  This is the First Minister for Wales seat, currently Carwyn Jones.


 Trophies are normally awarded out on the pitch, except when the Royal family are awarding them and then it is completed here in the VIP area for security reasons.


A  quick visit to Barry Island next.


A lovely day, but still very windy and cold.



Back home to England.


My souvenirs of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment