About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Tamworth Disabled Swimming Gala - 21st May 2016

Tonight I competed in my second Tamworth Swimming Gala.

At the snowdome leisure centre.



I've been very excited all day waiting to swim for my club Bedworth.  Here's the programme there are 62 races.



Everybody gets to race in a maximum of three events and a relay.



I swam really well and won gold in the 25m freestyle (38.00); gold in 50m backstroke (88.18 pb); and silver in 25m backstroke (37.97pb).  



Proudly wearing my medals at the end of the gala.


Here's a close up of one of my gold medals.




Daniel and Drew two of my team mates also did very well too.  



The event was supported by Simon's Hero's.  Check out their site below.  They do some amazing charity work in this area.
Morning all. Last night we attended Tamworth Unicorn's Swim Club for Disabled People gala at the SnowDome to help give out the medals and trophies we gifted them earlier this year. What a wonderful yet humbling experience. Huge sense of pride for what we do and why we do it. The smiles on their faces touched us all.
This is something we will be supporting annually. In addition to gifting medals and trophies, we will also be covering the cost of the pool hire for this event. The Unicorns were delighted to learn this.

No comments:

Post a Comment