About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Tuesday 24 May 2016

The Underdogs Boys Dancing - 18th May 2016

Tonight I got to dance at Warwick Arts Centre.


Over 100 boys from schools across Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire danced together inside Warwick Arts Centre.
Boys Dancing is a hugely successful and long-running Warwick Arts Centre Education project and this performance is the result of two months of choreography workshops and dance rehearsals involving 9 schools across Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire. Professional male dance artists have led these workshops with boys and young men – most of whom have never danced before – to devise the show. For many of the boys this will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to perform one of the country’s biggest Arts Centres.



For the last six weeks my school friends and I have been practising very hard every Friday afternoon to dance in this show.  I am the youngest and the oldest person is 17 years old.



Here's my Mummy's ticket.  Daddy had to work :-(.


Here's our dance in the programme.  We danced to Time composed by Hans Zimmer.


My ten school mates and my name in the programme.


 Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take any unofficial pictures.  But it was a fantastic day.  We left school at 09:30 in the morning and rehearsed all day.  With a little break for a treat (McDonald's) for dinner.  Then we performed our routine 3 times in front of different audiences as they moved around the art centre, and then all the schools performed together in a grand finale.  It was a very long fun and tiring day, finishing about 21:30!


I loved it, and it will be a day I will remember for the rest of my life!











No comments:

Post a Comment