About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Tuesday 4 April 2017

Checkatrade Trophy Final - 2nd April 2017



Today is the football match I've been looking forward to for weeks.

The final of the Checkatrade Trophy between Coventry City and Oxford United.





Very excited  setting off for Wembley, come on Coventry!


We've arrived.


A visit to the Wembley shop and a new scarf and sky blue bear.


Vic Minett from BBC Coventry and Warwickshire radio, we listened to her all the way down in the car.  She gave me a hug!


Posing with the trophy!


Look at all those Sky Blue fans.


The official Sky Blue fan zone.


Everywhere you look there are Sky Blue fans.


There is lots of singing and chanting.


I'm so excited!






Coventry fans for as far as the eye can see.


Right in the middle of the action!


Making my own videos on my iPod.



Here's my ticket.


It's time to go into the stadium.


Here's our block 125.


We have a great view of the big screen.


Here's the view from my seat.


We are 27 rows back from the pitch.


A perfect view!


The Coventry goal keepers are warming up.


Mummy and me!


My new Sky Blue bear 'Wembley' is very excited!


This is where he's sitting!


All the team are now out warming up!




The stadium is starting to fill up.


Good luck Coventry City.




What a view!


The Oxford end is still looking very empty!


Sky Blue Sam.


JD from Free Radio doing his introductions.


John Sillett team manager of the 1987 FA Cup winning Coventry team.


Hello Sponge Bob.


Starting to feel a little bit nervous now.


Here's the winning trophy.


Look at that crowd!


Here comes Jimmy Hill.

I got to pull him over my head, I was so excited.


The players are in the tunnel ready to come out.


Here we go!


Lead out by Mark Robins and Steve Ogrizovic Coventry's goal keeping coach and  1987 FA cup winning keeper.





The atmosphere is building.




Exchanging pennants.


Play Up Sky Blues!


Kick off.


I'm very nervous now!


Recording some more of my iPod videos. 


Coventry started really strongly.


Fantastic 11th minute goal from Gael Bigirimana.


1 minute of extra time for the first half.


Half time.


Fingers crossed we can hold on to this lead.


Second half here we go.


Coventry had so many more corners and shots at goal, than normal.




Gael Bigirimana had a fantastic game.


Ben Stevenson my favourite player!


Shoot, Stuart Beavon!


Another corner from George Thomas.


Rubens Lameiras takes another corner.


I cannot believe it!


What a shot from George Thomas!


I'm so happy!


I cannot believe that score line.




Everybody is starting to get very tired now.




Oxford get 1 goal back.


Time for Jodi Jones to come on.


Kyel Reid gets fouled again.


Lots of last minute attempts from Oxford but Coventry City hold on for the win.


All 43,269 Coventry fans celebrating!


Full time score.


Congratulations!


Oxford United make their way up the famous stairs first for their runner up medals.


It's the second year in a row they have lost in the final.










Time for the winners!










Out on the winning balcony.






Everybody has their winning medals.


The trophy is lifted!


The noise from the crowd is amazing!


Now the celebrating can begin!










The Oxford end of the stadium is very empty!

Very happy Coventry City have won!








Lee Burge made some incredible saves with those big hands.


Chris Stokes.


Kyel Reid and Dion Kelly-Evans.


Jordan Willis.








Jordan Turnbull with Kyel Reid.






Posing for lots of pictures for the press.










Man of the match George Thomas.


Ben Stevenson and George Thomas.




Coventry City lighting up Wembley Stadium.


That arch will be Sky Blue tonight.

A great way of Celebrating World Autism Awareness Day, all around the World landmarks are lit up blue for this special day.



My ticket.

My commemorative pin. 


My sky blue Wembley bear.


My programme.


Finally my special scarf.


What an Amazing day I will remember for many years to come!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there

    I'm a producer with BBC Coventry & Warwickshire...

    Vic Minett is interesting in having you in our studios for an interview.

    If you're interested, please send me your contact number to bongi.msimanga@bbc.co.uk

    Many thanks

    Regards


    Bongi

    ReplyDelete