About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Tuesday 4 August 2015

The Big Hoot Birmingham 2015 - 4th August 2015


Today I went to Birmingham hunting for owl statues.

All over the Birmingham region  there are 89 giant owls,  individually created by local artists, this trail is called 'The Big Hoot Trail'.  

There are also approximately 120 small owlets created by local schools and community groups 'The Little Hoot Owlet Trail'.

The aim is to raise as much money as possible for Birmingham Children's Hospital Charity.



Collecting my trail map from The Big Hoot Merchandise Shop.


Time to start the owl hunt.


Here's my trail map.


Can you see all the owl's positions?


This list tells you the name of the owl, the artist  and which company sponsored the funding of the owl.







This is my favourite so far, because he talks.










Instead of cheese I said 'hoot'.
















My first little owl.



















So far I have found 25 owls around Central Birmingham.

 Mummy has a special app on her phone, that we  scanned the QR code of each owl with.  So we know how well we are doing on the trail.


I have lots of owls still to find over the rest of the school holidays.  So keep looking back for my next update, when we head for another area of the region. 


Then tonight I went to football training.




Our new kit has arrived.  What do you think?


We have trained so hard that in September we are being entered into the Birmingham Disabled Sunday League.  I am so excited.







4 comments:

  1. Hi William
    It looks like you are having lots of fun. There are some owls in Sutton Coldfield where I live. I have seen lots of them in town centre, lots of people are having their pictures taken next to them. I also saw one at Sheldon Country Park. They are very colourful and pretty.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    I'm glad you are enjoying my summer holiday adventures. I am off to Centre Parc's soon for a few days. But when we get back I am going to choose another area on my Hoot tour map to explore. Thank you for telling me about the ones where you live I will definitely be coming to find them.

    I hope you are enjoying your holiday too. Are you going anywhere nice?

    William

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to Jamaica for the last two weeks of the holiday, I hope it is nice and hot over there. I am looking forward to the West Brom V Man City game tonight, I have my ticket ready.
    I enjoy following your adventures during the school holidays.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a nice relaxing time in Jamaica. I have looked on my map where it is and I think it will be very warm.

    I have spent the day cycling, swimming and quad biking in Sherwood Forest. There are lots of squirrels and rabbits right outside my window. I can't wait for tomorrow.

    I saw last nights result. Oh dear bottom of the table already 😁

    William

    ReplyDelete