About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Monday 18 April 2016

Manchester United V Aston Villa - 16th April 2016


As a treat for my 8th Birthday I got to go to Old Trafford and watch Manchester United play Aston Villa.



Mummy and Daddy surprised me with an early Birthday present.


A DAB radio to listen to the other football matches, and to block out the crowd noise. 


Off we go to the train station.


Birmingham International to Manchester Piccadilly.


Here's our train.


Leaving Birmingham International Station.


The train was full of Aston Villa supporters.  But they were all very friendly.


Two hours later and we have arrived in Manchester.



Now on to the tram to Trafford Bar, then a little walk to the stadium.


I have collected my ticket.  Time for the megastore.



A Spanish TV station just recorded me holding my scarf and cheering Manchester United.

Do you like my new scarf?



It has today's date so I will remember my special day forever.

My new bag.



My new Rooney mini figure.

I'm all set for the match.


We had to climb lots and lots of steps to the top of the stadium.  Here I am watching the Norwich v Sunderland match, before taking my seat.


My first view of the pitch.


Reading my programme.



The stadium is still very empty, but it filled up very quickly.


Here's my new radio.


Here come the players to warm up.


I'm so happy that Rooney is back from injury, and starting the match.


Manchester United completed lots of warm up runs.



Aston Villa spent a lot of time standing around!


The Red Devils mascot.


Here we go.  Players all lined up in the tunnel.


The stadium is full now and there is lots of cheering.



The players are introduced.


Shaking hands.  Good sportsmanship.


The captains with the referee, completing the coin toss.  


The bench are ready.


The stadium is full, and everybody is excited.


Here are the away fans.


Manchester United had total control of the match at the start.


Free kick to United.


Who's going to take it?


So many chances to score.


Corner after corner to United.


Finally a Rashford Goal.


That score looks great.


Second half.






So many close chances for United.








Rooney substituted for Lingard.







Ayew fell down the slight hill off the pitch.


But he was okay.


Rashford substituted next for Martial.




Being congratulated by the bench.





Aston Villa make their only substitution next.




Villa had a good five minutes of play and nearly scored.






Mata substituted for Fosu-Mensah.


A few more United chances.





The final score.  Villa are relegated into the second tier for the first time since 1987!


My match magazine.


Programme.


Special Souvenir book.

After the match.  Back on the tram to Bury, and our Premier Inn hotel for the night.


I loved all the teddy's asleep in bed in the Lobby.


Time for my bed, after a very long exciting day.

Sunday 17th April 2016.


Good morning from Bury.

After a nice cooked breakfast we said goodbye to our hotel.


No trams today, they are working on the line.


So onto the replacement bus.


MediaCity UK.


I am very excited because match of the day is filmed here.


ITV studios are here too.


The Blue Peter boat.


The Blue Peter garden, moved up here from Television Centre London when it closed.


Here are some sound stages.


This is where Coronation Street is now filmed.


The news today is...(On the set of BBC Breakfast)


Back to the train station and time to travel home.


 What an amazing weekend, and tomorrow is my 8th Birthday!










No comments:

Post a Comment