About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Friday 3 August 2018

Coventry City FC League Two Play Off Finals Wembley - 28th May 2018



Today I travelled down to Wembley Stadium. To watch Coventry City and Exeter City play in the final of the League Two play offs. 

The prize for the winner? 

Promotion to League One!




I'm all ready.  I have my half scarf, special shirt and ticket.


Off we go.


The famous arch.  We have arrived.  I have my programme, I'm all set.




Signing the good luck card in the fan zone.



I wrote Come on Sky Blues from William.



Here's Vic Minett from BBC Coventry and Warwickshire.   I have been listening to her all the way down in the car again.  After her interview she chatted to me and gave me a hug.



Here's Wembley bear taking in all the atmosphere with me.  If you remember I bought him last time Coventry City were at Wembley for the Checkatrade final.


Sky Blues fan zone.


Look at all those people in their Sky Blue.


The atmosphere is great everybody is singing.


Walking up Olympic Way, now more commonly known as Wembley Way.


It's nearly time to enter the stadium.


Lets check out the merchandise.




Next let's check out the food.


Time to take our seats.



Pretty good view.


What do you think Wembley bear?


Here come the players to warm up.





Maxime Biamou.


Captain Michael Doyle.


Chris Stokes.








This is one of the overhead match cameras.



Our end of the stadium is filling up.


Here's our badge.


Prematch presentations.


The Exeter end is empty compared to ours.

That trophy is big!




Everything is ready.

The players are all being presented.





Who's looking nervous?





Almost ready. The team lists are on the big screens.


The stadium is full all the way to the top.  I'm nervous.


Here we go.


An average first half 0-0.



But a much better second half.

Goals: Willis (48'), Shipley (55'), Grimmer (68')Exeter did pull one back in the final minutes through Kyle Edwards (89'), but it would only be a consolation goal.
We won 3-1.


Let the celebrations begin!









What a crowd.
Attendance: 50,196.




                                   The Sky Blues are promoted back to League One. Play Up Sky Blues!




Good sportsmanship from the Exeter players.







Some very sad Exeter players.





The trophy is waiting at the top of the famous stairs.


Here come the players.




















The moment we have all been waiting for.



We did it!


Everybody getting their turn to lift the trophy.











Now for the on pitch celebrations!







Lots of interviews.
















Celebrations take two!






























Thanking the fans.

















The Exeter end is completely empty now.


What a great day!



Congratulations Coventry City on the side of Wembley.


Sky Bet League Two Play-Off Winners.



As far as you can see happy Sky Blues supporters.


Here's me lifting the real Play off trophy at school a few weeks later.

No comments:

Post a Comment