About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Tuesday 11 June 2019

Aquathlon And East Midlands Championships - May 2019


  5th May 2019 I took part in the Nuneaton Aquathlon.


The event took place at Pingles pool and running Stadium.

I am in this category:

TriStar 2 (Age 11-12) 200m swim & 1600m run (4 laps).


  • The first thing to do on arrival at the event is check for your race number and start time.

    I am number 31 and start at 10:18.


I have had my number written on my arm and leg and I have my timing chip attached to my leg.

Safety briefing over and ready for my swim to start!





Swim finished time to put my shoes and race shirt on in transition.



4 Laps of the track now.


It's harder than normal with wet swimming shorts and no socks.




    









Laps completed into the finish funnel.






Finally crossing the finish line.

My timing chip is removed and I am awarded my medal.





I really enjoyed that :-).


The juniors have all finished now.


A close up of my medal.



My number and medal.


Results.


The swim time recorded is not when I exited the pool but when I exited the building into the transition area.

12th Boy - 19th in my age category.




I have next year in this age category too.


12th May 2019 - East Midlands Inclusive Event For Competitive Disability Swimming. 



Today I am swimming at Braunstone Leisure Centre in Leicester.



With my team before warm up.



Warm up over my first race.  I'm in Lane 3.

 200m Freestyle.




(My time was corrected to 3.39:18.  The board didn't feel my finish touch but the lane judge had pressed her button luckily).



50m Backstroke.










100m Individual Medley.













100m Freesytle.







Relays.












Me about to dive in for my leg of the relay.


Lunchtime.



My swimming team.



100m Breaststroke.




Lane 2.



Ready to start.



50m Freestyle.




More team relays.



Presentations.



Relay Gold medals.



Karen my swimming coach awarding me my medals.





One Gold,
4 Silver
 and One Bronze.



My certificate and official times.













No comments:

Post a Comment