About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Wednesday 12 June 2019

My Families Wasps Disability Tag Rugby Tour Part 1 - Dublin - 4th-9th June 2019.

On Saturday I am playing tag rugby with my friends from my Wasps group at the Wooden Spoon Disability Tag Rugby Festival at Ballyclare Rugby Football Club in County Antrim.

I'm been so excited for this trip for months.


Today I started my families adventure by travelling through Wales to Holyhead. 

We then caught the car ferry to Dublin, the Capital of the Republic of Ireland.




Wasps on tour!


Boarding our ferry in Holyhead.


Our car is parked on the ferry ready to set sail.


Hooray! We are off on our adventures.


Relaxing while we sail across the Irish sea.



It's raining but the sea is still calm.


Just over 3 hours and we will be there.


I have been to the cinema and had an explore of the ferry.


Arriving into Dublin.


Let my Irish adventures begin.


We are back on land.  That's a big cruise ship in the harbour.


I recognise that stadium on Lansdowne Road Dublin.


Aviva Stadium.  The national stadium of the Irish National team and host of most of the nation's rugby matches.
Capacity : 51,700.



Here's our hotel for the next two nights.





Welcome to the Hilton Dublin.



Our room.



This turns into my bed.



The TV and desk.



The view of the tramline right outside our window.


The National flag of Ireland proudly being displayed at our hotel.



Green Postboxes?


Exploring Dublin.


There are quite a few pubs and bars!


One of the most famous bars in Dublin in the area known as Temple Bar.


Anybody for a pint of Guinness?




Everywhere you look there are pubs and bars.


Halfpenny bridge over the River Liffey.


With the Halfpenny bridge behind me now.


Millennium Bridge.


A lot of the cable boxes in Dublin are painted.  Here is my favourite one with Freddie Mercury.


Jeanie Johnston Tall ship.  How people used to get across the Atlantic in the old days to explore North America.



The weather has not been the best, but I have enjoyed my explore of Dublin and I found an amazing toy shop.


This is the Samuel Beckett Bridge.


It swings open for boats to pass if needed.



Time to visit one of those pubs for dinner.


Bonus they have Sky Sports.




My food was great and I ate it before anybody could take a picture!



St Stephens Green.


A walk in the park.


A little bit more shopping.


A ride on the Dublin Trams.


Do you like my Shamrock Shortbread biscuits?


This tram stop is right by our hotel.  Which you can see behind me.



Time for a good nights sleep before we head to Belfast, Northern Ireland.









No comments:

Post a Comment