About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Friday 14 June 2019

My Families Wasps Disability Tag Rugby Tour Part 2 - First Day In Belfast - 4th-9th June 2019.



Today we drove for about 2 hours North to Belfast, Northern Ireland.



The Rise sculpture gateway to the city.


First stop in Belfast The Titanic Experience.


Harland and Wolff builders of the Titanic and many other ships.




We have explored and learnt about designing the Titanic now on to the building and the launch.



Out the window the shipyard where Titanic was built.


A 3D model and floor plan of what you would have seen out the window in 1911.




There are lots of pictures of when Titanic launched into the water for the first time.


The next section of the museum is all about the fit out, the decorating of the inside of the boat.


Here are some of the samples of the carpet used on board.


After this you get to experience the maiden voyage and of course the sinking and the aftermath of what happened next.


Next for me a visit to the souvenir shop and a new magnet to take home.


Time for an explore around the shipyard.  But first I think I'll sit here for a while and rest my legs!


This ship is 'The Nomadic', Titanic's little sister and the world's last remaining White Star boat.  It was the original tender boat for Titanic which means it helped take supplies and people out to Titanic.


I really like exploring on board.


Luggage racks, it was interesting to see what people took on board.




I liked looking at the difference between 1st, 2nd and 3rd class travel.


The building behind me is the Titanic Experience and to the right is the Titanic Hotel.


Shall I recreate the famous scene from the Titanic Movie?


The outer decks are fun to explore and imagine what it would have been like to be on the larger grander Titanic.





This is how you get on and off The Nomadic.


Time to explore around some more of the shipyard.


Behind me is the dock where Titanic was built and the window we were looking out of.  Proudly holding my certificate for completing the kids trail around the experience.


This building is The Titanic Studios and is where some of the filming of seasons 1-7 of Games of Thrones the successful fantasy TV series took place.


Who sits on the Throne?
Time to check in to our hotel for the next three nights.



Hampton by Hilton Belfast City centre.


Room 507.


Can I not have the bigger bed?



Chilling before an explore of the city.


Time for a walk.


That's a very posh City Hall.



The Titanic Memorial Garden is within the grounds of the City Hall.







I'm so excited Belfast have a Tim Horton's!





I think we will be making a few visits here over the next couple of days.





Some to take away.


I loved my first day in Belfast and tomorrow we explore more of Northern Ireland.




No comments:

Post a Comment