About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Friday 14 June 2019

My Families Wasps Disability Tag Rugby Tour Part 3 - Second Day In Belfast - 4th-9th June 2019.

Exploring the Northern Ireland Coastline.




This evening some of my Wasps tag rugby team arrive, I cannot wait to see everybody, but first we are off for an explore.



First stop today Lough Neagh.  Which is the largest freshwater lake in Northern Ireland.


It is the largest lake by area in the British Isles and supplies 40% of Northern Ireland's water.



Welcome to the Giant's Causeway.



I have my audio guide and I'm ready to learn about this beautiful place.



It's like I'm on my mobile.


Along the paths there are lots of stories about a giant called Finn McCool who local people believe shaped and carved the rock.


Of course you also hear about the science behind this amazing place.


You can walk or catch a bus from the visitors centre to the columns.


The Causeway is the result of intense volcanic and geological activity.



Which happened an epic 60 million years ago and is the result of cooling and shrinking of lava flow.





We have picked the perfect day to explore with the weather.






There are over 40,000 interlocking basalt (lava) columns.


I wonder who counted them?


I loved climbing over all the columns.




It really is strange to think they are not hand carved and actually formed naturally.








There are tourists here from all over the world.





I think we are trying to break the record for how many pictures we can take of the Giant's Causeway.


No more photo's please!




Go on then just a few more :-).


















The area behind us is called The Amphitheatre and you can see what looks like an organ.


People have squashed coins into the columns here for good luck.

A little drive further along the coastline.



Ballintoy Harbour.


I wonder how far I can see?  I think I can see Rathlin Island.

More amazing views.




There are lots of nesting seabirds here.



I loved looking in the rock pools for crabs.


Look what I wrote in the sand.





A bit of rock skimming practice.


I wonder whats in here?




Somebody has put a stepping stone path right into the back of the cave.



Next stop along the coast.




Welcome to Carrick-A-Rede and Larrybane.




Which means the rock in the road.


The road is the sea route for Atlantic salmon on their westward journey.


The sea is beautifully clear.



For over 350 years fishermen have strung a rope bridge 30m above the sea to allow them to access the best places to catch the salmon.



The bridge is now a challenge for visitors to this beautiful place.


Ready to cross.


Don't look down.


I made it and are rewarded by some amazing wildlife and nesting birds.


Behind me is Sheep Island.


Do you think they send naughty sheep here?



 




Time to cross back over the bridge.


 


I said don't look down!





Who's rocking the bridge?







What an amazing day at the coast now back to the hotel. Some of my team are arriving tonight for tomorrow's tournament.








No comments:

Post a Comment