About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Thursday 7 September 2017

Isle Of Wight - August 2017


 Our trip To The Isle of Wight.



At the docks in Southampton.


Checking the route we will be taking.


Driving onto the ferry in Southampton.


Watching all the rest of the vehicles being driven on.


Relaxing in one of the ferry lounges.



All full ready to depart.



The sailing took just under one hour.


Can you see the caption?


Almost at the Isle of Wight.


We have gained a new member to our family.  'Ted Funnel ' the ferry teddy bear.


First stop....I wanted to go on the Isle of Wight trains because they are old London underground trains, which I love.







T
These trains were bought from London underground in 1988, but date back to 1938.



Here comes our train.


It is very bumpy and old.


We rode the train all the way to Shanklin.



I wrote IOW William 2017 in the sand, before enjoying some local ice cream.


What a beautiful beach.


Skimming some pebbles.


Time to go paddling!



The sea was actually quite warm.





I did get a little wet, but it was great fun and I soon dried out!


I  wrote Coventry City FC in the sand.


We walked all the way to Sandown.


Time to enjoy some delicious lunch with a great view at the beach cafe.


Is that all for me?


Before catching the train back to Ryde.


All the stations are very old.


The driver waved at me.




The oldest passenger trains still used in regular service anywhere in the UK.


 Next we drove across the island to Alum Bay.

Alum Bay is well known for its multi-coloured sand cliffs and the area is also famous for its stunning views across the Solent.



First a ride down on the  amazing chair lift.


Hang on tight here we go!


I love it!


The sea is a lovely turquoise colour.



Can you see the famous Needles  rock formation yet?



Almost at the bottom.


Mummy are you still behind us?


Time for a little walk to enjoy the lovely beach, the colourful cliffs and to enjoy the view of the Needles.



Heading back up.  I loved the chairlift and wanted to ride it again.



Can you see the beautiful colours in the sand cliffs, made over millions of years.





The chairlift never stops, you just have to jump on.


See you at the top Mummy!










What an amazing view!



We made it back to the top.



We are still higher than the trees though.






Time to make our sand memento of our trip to Alum Bay.





Selecting all the different sand colours.




Picking the right colours and making sure it stays flat.  



Then a little water is added to set the sand, with a little glue to stick to the base.



Here's our finished souvenir.



Time to head back to Cowes.


Back on the ferry.



Here's my Ted Funnel bear back on his boat, ready to go home.



We are right at the back of the boat this time.  I hope the brakes have been left on!



Goodbye Isle of Wight, I can see Portsmouth already.

Almost back to Southampton.


I had an amazing day, and love the Isle Of Wight.

No comments:

Post a Comment