About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Monday 13 November 2017

Simply Health Junior Great Run Birmingham - 14th October 2017


Today I took part in the Simply Health Junior Great Run Birmingham, helping to raise money for Birmingham Children's Hospital.



This is my race number it has a chip on the back to record my official time.

Here's the 2.5km route.  Around and on the track of  Alexander Stadium.


Last time I was at this famous stadium Mo Farah was here running!


One day if I train hard enough I will finish here I hope!


Here I am with some of my friends Phoebe and Aidan.

Bertie Bear and me.  I have raised just over £50 for the hospital today.

Time to prepare for the start of the race.

Walking to the start with Phoebe.

Here's the start and finish line.


Liz McColgan, Fauja Singh, and Bertie Bear are starting my race.




Getting into the correct start position.



Moving forward towards the start line.


The race starts at 10:30.




I'm over here!



Checking my number.


I'm really excited!


We're off!




I wish it was all downhill.


Two laps around the stadium.


Then back onto the track for the final sprint.


Around the final bend.






Crossing the finish line.



Here's my medal.

With my medal.


Waving to my friend Aidan just coming into the stadium.

Here comes Phoebe too.



'Turbaned Tornado', as he is nicknamed, 106-year-old Fauja Singh.  The record breaking world's oldest marathon runner.

What a great stadium, so many famous athletes compete and train here.




A close up of my medal.


Here's the contents of my finishers bag.


My official race time and finish position.





My official race photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment