About Me!

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I have a very special superpower. I am autistic, but this doesn't stop me having fun as you can see.

This is a blog to remind me of all my fun adventures.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

William

Sunday 10 May 2015

VE Day 70th Anniversary Celebrations and Mummy and Daddy's 15th Wedding Anniversary -10th May 2015

Today is my Mummy and Daddy's 15th Wedding Anniversary.


Look how young they look Mummy is 23 and Daddy 25 years old.

Happy Anniversary!


Ready to start today's adventure.


Breakfast eaten, now time to explore.


In the 1800's this was one of the busiest docks in the world.

Today it is a financial district and has lots of fun statues.

Which one is William?


I just couldn't resist keeping my hands out the water.

A lot of money is made (and lost) here, in the financial district.


That train disappears into the building!


On to Westminster.  My favourite London sight, Big Ben.

Today ends the three day celebration marking 70 years since V E Day (the end of World War II in Europe).  This is the cenotaph a war memorial situated on Whitehall and part of today's special parade route.


Horse Guard Parade, the location of a reception for the special people we are celebrating today.


Ready for the parade of current service personnel and the special veterans of the World War.



The Queen and other members of the Royal family are hosting a special service of thanksgiving  just up the road in Westminster Abbey.  We listened to the service over loud speakers.


Trafalgar Square in the distance.

The start of the parade.


The marching bands.



The Navy.





The Air force.





The veteran heroes. All very happily waving and enjoying their special day.








The Chelsea Pensioners.




The red arrows making a flypast.


The Band of the Grenadier Guards performing in Trafalgar Square.

Lots of special decorations.

I loved all the flags waving.

Back on the tube.

Harrod's or Harold's as I call it, toy department.

Another of my underground pictures.  My regular readers will know I like to collect pictures of myself at every station I visit.


Time to travel back to Euston. This is a Victoria Line Train.


What a great weekend, time to go home.



Here is a video Daddy took as the parade past us.












2 comments:

  1. Wow William you had a very busy weekend. I have enjoyed looking at all your pictures. I am going to London on Saturday, I will come and see you for some tips on the best places to visit.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for commenting. I was very excited when I saw your post. I flapped so hard I nearly took off! I love helping people plan for London. Especially how to get to places on the London Underground.

    ReplyDelete